Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Presidential Polls on Independence Day

From Rasmussen Reports:
Voters not affiliated with either party are the most critical of Congressional performance. Just 3% of those voters give Congress positive ratings, down from 6% last month. Sixty-three percent (63%) believe Congress is doing a poor job, up from 57% last month.

From Zogby International:
Bob Barr gets 43% of libertarians and 11% of independents. On the left, Ralph Nader gets less than 2% nationally. Independents break 39% for Obama, compared with 31% who support McCain.

From an independent voter on Roosevelt Island (NYC):
I'm leaning towards Obama, but I really hope he doesn't take Hillary on as a VP candidate. I hear she doesn't like independents.

1 comment:

Thomas Carmona said...

Hankster, these are some very interesting stats. It does make sense that independents would be more suspicious of Congress, since neither party represents them (us) very well.

I'm glad you liked City Dictionary. Thanks for the link. Since you don't follow me, Twitter won't allow me to respond to your message.

By the way, I'm only an "armchair" linguist because I lack the proper experience and training.

Take care!

Tom :)